Lower Merion Baptist Church opened a cemetery in 1811, located on the church grounds, in which approximately 2800 people are buried. A listing of those buried is available at the website of The Lower Merion Historical Society.
The regulations drawn up by the Trustees in 1811 concerning the Graveyard provided that tombstones are to be placed horizontally 18 inches above the surface of the general level of the ground. This restriction was withdrawn in 1833. Part of the Graveyard was reserved for strangers.