Join us Sundays at 10:30am | Wednesdays at 7:00pm
Lower Merion Baptist Church was organized in Bryn Mawr, Penna. in 1808, Horatio Gates Jones its first pastor (1808-1853).
Lower Merion is proud of the patriot founder who lived here, The Hon. Charles Thomson, LL.D., Secretary of the Continental Congress.
Gavin Morton Walker pastored from 1929-1936 and wrote the first history booklet of the church, printed in 1933.
Though few in numbers, under the energetic leadership of Pastor Jones the Church took up the task of getting a Meeting House...
In 1887, Professor Woodrow Wilson of Bryn Mawr College, Mrs. Wilson, and baby Margaret came to live on our property...
Monument erected in 1931 through the efforts of the Merion chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, led by Mrs. H.A. Arnold.